The Board of Overseers is pleased to announce the current members of our Board…
- Liz Froese: Chairperson
- Charles Conteh: Vice-Chairperson
- Cheryl Tyndall: Secretary
- Barry Boese: Treasurer/Chair of Finance Committee
- Louie Vanderberg: Chairperson of Governance & Accountability Committee
- Dave Morris: Chairperson of Human Resource Committee
- Cheryl Kirkness: Member of Human Resource Committee
- Arthur (A.D.) Fleming: Member of Finance Committee
- John Mach: Member of Human Resource Committee
We welcome new Board members, John Mach and Barry Boese, who were affirmed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), held on Sun Oct 5.
The Board would also like to thank Josh Jory and Steve Cole for their dedicated service to Bethany as past Board members. We wish them God’s blessings in future ministries. We are thankful that Steve is staying on as a member of the Finance Committee.
Work continues on the parking lot and pavilion and we anticipate completion of those in Spring 2015.
Our annual Board retreat was held on Sat Nov 1 where Board development and planning for the year ahead was our main focus. We ask for everyone to pray that the Lord continues to bless our church, and to provide the Board members with wisdom, discernment and guidance during this next year.
Please remember if you have any questions or comments, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is Bethany’s financial position for the three months ending September 30, 2014…
- Contributions to the “General Fund” were $385,969 which were about 9% under budget and 8% under last year.
- Donations to the Imagine Campaign were $64,709, up from $45,993 last year.
- Expenses of $323,452 were 13% below budget and about 1% under last year.
- Capital spending of $32,062 was about $9,300 above budget, mostly due to a new Auditorium projector.
- The “General Fund” had a balance of $487,250 and “Cash in Bank” was positive at $609,723.
- The mortgage balance stood at $759,646, down from $1,193,177 last year, and the private loan balance was $35,000, down from $60,000 last year.
- Dept repayment totalled $66,431, up from $43,350 last year.
A big thank you to all those who have made the above possible and please pray that God continues to bless us financially, so we can maintain support of our ministries, programs, missions and Imagine Campaign, etc.